Thursday, January 21, 2010

Busy, Busy


Ok first off did ya'll not just LOVE the Boden clothes?!?!?! I order two shirts! I'll have to post pics once they're in! So excited!

We went to dinner for my dad's birthday with my fam, L's fam and my Gran. It was a delicious meal and a great time!
My sis sat by me and was just the sweetest cutest thing! She is 14 and getting to the stage where she wants to know everything and be in every one's business. It is so funny. L and I were talking about paying for dinner and getting our waiter the credit card and she got made b/c we wouldn't tell her what we were saying. Too funny. Also she looked super cute. I got her these bows for Christmas (i got some too!) And she just looked SO cute! Love her!

Saturday our friends from South Africa were in town. Charles and Angela Price, own part of the place we went to in SA and Kevin and Kitty Phillips are the co-founders of the school that we support and went to this summer. They are in the States for some hunting shows and came here and stayed with my parents and the in laws. It was great to have them here. Saturday we went to the in laws and ate dinner. We played on the Wii and Charles even sang Miley Cyrus "The Climb" for us on Wii Sing. It was HILARIOUS! L was videoing (if that's a word) it. I'll have to post it! On Sunday I took the girls all over town shopping. It was so much fun. It was great to get to spend more time with them. We ate dinner at my parents and watched the DVD of our Africa trip. It was so much fun to watch it with them. On Monday our church had a business/leaders luncheon and had them speak about the school in South Africa. It was great to hear their hearts and to hear more about the schools. I do plan on making a post about the schools b/c it is such an awesome thing. That night we went to the other owners of the Safari's house (they live here in the city) They hosted an evening about the safari and hunting. It was great to catch up with them too and we all have a wonderful time. It is so good to catch up with old friends and to be able to learn more about people. Kitty and I got to run around some together Monday afternoon and it was so cool to hear her story about her and Kevin meeting and her kids. I hope we get to see them all soon. God is doing awesome things in SA in the schools and in their lives. It is such a neat thing to be apart of!

I do think I am going to go back in our travel "files" and post some pics, tips and journal about different places we've been . If only for us to remember and be able to record them! I hope you all enjoy looking though and reading about our adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment