Monday, May 10, 2010

Goodness Gracious!





For about a week now the weathermen on ALL of our local channels have been saying there would be bad weather today. Of course when they predict it that early I always think, "Oh whatever, it's not going to be bad" Well they were right. We have had multiple tornadoes touch the ground in the metro area. We even had one on the ground about 5 miles from us. I hate tornadoes. About 3 years ago I was on my way home from college and I was in a tornado in my car. My car went up on two wheels and a tree limb hit the side of my car and my windshield cracked. Seriously one of the scariest things in my life. I called my sweet hubby when I saw the tornado and he talked me through it all but once it passed me my phone had no service and I couldn't talked to me. He left work and headed to where I was. We met on the road. It was so scary. So since then I have been pretty terrified of tornadoes. So today I called our family made sure they were all at home and got my things ready to get in the cellar. My mom called and said it was on the ground 5 miles from us and the dogs and I headed to the cellar. L of course stood outside watching for it. He did come in the cellar when the rained stopped and it got quiet. He thought it was close to us. Fortunately it went back up in the sky and we were protected. But in the metro area there has been some big tornadoes touch the ground with injuries and homes destroyed. Please pray for these families that are affected by these storms. It is so scary when it is so close to home. I'm glued to the TV for the rest of the night to see what all has happened and make sure we are in the clear! What a crazy Monday! Hopefully we won't get anymore the rest of the week!



(image from newsok.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment