Saturday, December 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Jesus!

On Christmas Eve our church service was cancelled due to the CRAZY blizzard so we stayed home! We live very close to my parents and L's parents so we took our 4 wheeler and drove to L's parents house! My parents drove over also. L and I got stuck right in their drive way in a big snow drift! It was pretty funny and then my parents walked in and they had got stuck driving my dad's H-2 in the driveway too. So needless to say we knew we would never be able to make it to town! It was CRAZY! But we had our family and we were all safe! So we had our own church service and played games.

L's dad playing the guitar with his mom my sis and his sis singing.
My parents

After we sang and ate dinner and dessert, us girls played a game of scrabble, while the boys went to get the tractor to pull my dad out. Once everyone was unstuck, we ate some more and then all went home.

Christmas morning L and I woke up and opened our presents together and then went to my parents house and then his parents came to our house to open presents. After presents my g-parents came over along with my parents and L's parents and we had a HUGE brunch and spent time together.
L and I have always had matching PJs for Christmas morning, this year our PJs were Yankees pants! It is fun to pick out the pants and then to get to wear them together! It's something we will always do!

Part of the spread for brunch. We had fruit, cinnamon rolls, breakfast casserole, prime rib and sausage balls. I made the cinnamon rolls for the FIRST time! I was so worried that they weren't going to turn out (PS as a side note I'm not the best cook! So this was a BIG deal for me!), but they turned out and were DELICIOUS!



My sis, M, and L's sis, K, after opening presents! They were both jazzed up after opening presents. We got K a sewing machine and she just loved it. After we ate she went to my parents house and sewed with my mom. My sis, M, is 14 and WAY into make-up, so we got her make-up and she just LOVED it! She immediately went to the bathroom to put some on! Silly silly girls!



Uncle L (hubby's bro) and Bo dancing!


L playing with one of his presents. My parents and I got him a nice video camera to film his hunts with. He LOVES it and as soon as we got home him and his brother started messing with it. I'm sure he'll have a lot of fun with it and I can't wait to see some of the things he films.
We had a wonderful Christmas. It was great to spend time with family. I loved Christmas Eve being able to just be with our families and celebrating Jesus' birth. We all got lots of great presents and had just a wonderful time! Now we are relaxing with friends and enjoying our time together! What a great weekend we have had.






No comments:

Post a Comment