Thursday, April 8, 2010

FCA Banquet


This past week we attended the FCA State Banquet. Michael Oher was the main speaker. I read the book about him and the Blindside before the movie came out and just loved it. We watched the movie a couple weeks ago and I thought it was wonderful. What an awesome story he has and it is so neat of him to share it at the banquet. First Mark Clayton introduced him. He played at OU before going onto the NFL and now plays with Oher in Baltimore. They did a sort of Q & A seesion for Oher. It was really good. What he has accomplished in his life is pretty amazing. I do hope that he doesn't stray from doing so good though. So many people look up to him. That has to be a hard position to be in, but I hope he doesn't take it lightly. One thing I thought was funny that he talked about was, he actually went to see the movie The Blindside with some of his buddies. He bought a ticket and went. No one even recognized him. I think that'd be so crazy to go sit in a theatre with some friends and watch a movie about your life. I'm sure it was a little strange. The banquet was really good. The food was delicious and the speakers did a great job! I am glad we got to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment