Friday, April 2, 2010

Fun Week and Good Friday

I can't believe it is already April, summer is just around the corner. We are doing a Biggest Loser Challenge at Curves and it ends the 1st week of June and that is in like 8 weeks! SO CRAZY! I need to get on the ball with my weight loss, so I can win! =)

This past week my sister, my mom and one of my friends went to see Taylor Swift. Once I get my pics uploaded I'll post. The concert was so good. We had a blast. We ate at the Melting Pot before (I know so not good for dieting!) and then went to the concert. Taylor Swift is so stinking cute and just has so much fun performing. She put on a VERY good show!

L and I tried a new restaurant in town the other night. It is a update of the "pub" so it has pub food but nice pub food (does that make since?) There are burgers, bangers and mash, homemade pretzels with fondue, nachos and fish and chips. I had bangers and mash and L had the pulled chicken nachos. They were both SO good!!

Good Friday is such an neat day, being able to read in the Bible about what Jesus did for us to live every day. I have been reading through the book of John the past couple of weeks and reading about Jesus' last days and suffering just so I can live my life is such an overwhelming thought. God letting his only son suffer for me is so mind boggling. I am so not deserving of that, yet they still love me and accept me. Easter is such a special time of the year. Reading through the book of John and knowing the things that happened to Jesus and rising again on Easter Sunday, is so amazing. What an amazing God we have. The past month has been a really good time for L and I. We have gotten back into reading our Bibles and praying together and having quiet times. Also we have started going to church again. It is a refreshing time for me. God is so good and getting deeper into his word and closer to Him is such an amazing thing. I hope you all have a wonderful Easter and remember what we are celebrating. The rise of Christ our Lord.

This weekend should be a lot of fun for our household. Tonight L's bro is coming home from school for the weekend, tomorrow some family friends from Missouri are staying at my parents and then Sunday we will go to church and then like 20 of us (family and friends) are all going to eat lunch at my parents. It will be a fun packed weekend and I can't wait!! Next post I'll have some pics for you!! (It's hard for me to not post pictures, but I'll try it!)

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the comment and the reminder. :) i am hoping this meeting tomorrow goes well and that they take action.

    hope you had a good easter. we went to my parents church for easter and the pastor's message reminded me to start reading the bible and praying again. i grew up in a very christian family but haven't been going to church in the past 2 years since we moved to melbourne. so cool to hear about what you're doing... and so true it is so refreshing! :)

    ReplyDelete